Products used for optimum interproximal hygiene
The space between teeth, or interproximal space, can be either open (the gum does not fill up the entire interdental space) or closed (interproximal space covered by the gum or when crowding exists).
Depending on the type of space, the following interproximal hygiene tools are recommended for cleaning 40% of the tooth surface to, together with brushing, achieve complete dental hygiene.
- Wide range of models with different PHD (Passage Hole Diameter), or sizes, to fit every single interproximal space.
Dental floss and tape.
- Dental floss: polyester filaments arranged in a narrow, rounded thread
- Dental tape: nylon filaments arranged in a flat thread for increased sweeping surface.
For any type of interproximal space as a complement to brushing:
To ensure deep cleaning. Especially indicated for people:
- With implants
- With braces
- With periodontal problems
- Who are non-compliant or who find it difficult to use interproximal brushes and dental floss/tape
If you are unsure which interproximal hygiene tool to choose, ask your dentist or hygienist for their advice as to what to use in each case.