1.- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A Cookie is a file that is stored on the user’s computer, smartphone or any other device with information about navigation.
The set of Cookies helps to improve the quality of the website, allowing you to control which pages are useful, which are not and which are susceptible to improvement.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of our website.
In no case are cookies harmful to computers, but they help, among other purposes, to identify and resolve errors.
2.- WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES EXIST?
According to the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by DENTAID and from which the service is provided or the information requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by DENTAID, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies (social networks, search engines …). In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by DENTAID itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
According to the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion. In the long run, it provides a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie.
According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication , identify the session, access parts of restricted access.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, DENTAID has included in the web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on to criteria such as edited content or how often ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, DENTAID has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. . These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
3.- LIST OF COOKIES USED ON OUR WEBSITE
- A) Own Cookies
|PHPSESSID||Session||Analysis: Its purpose is to control the user’s session.|
- B) Third-party cookies
|We use the Google platform (Analytics, Google +?). More information at Google Cookies Policy.|
|Site identifier and technical cookies to share content using Facebook. More information at Facebook Cookies Policy.|
|Site identifier and technical cookies to share content using Twitter. More information at Twitter Cookies Policy.|
|Slideshare||AIdentifier of the site and technical cookies to share content using Slideshare. More information at Cookies Policy of Slideshare (Linkedin Group).|
4.- HOW CAN YOU CONFIGURE OR DISABLE YOUR COOKIES?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of your Internet browser. If you do not allow the installation of cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
Below we detail the procedure to follow to configure or disable cookies, depending on the browser used: